Ballechin is an estate in Logierait parish, Perthshire, Scotland located 3 miles west north-west of Ballinluig junction. The main residence on the estate is Ballechin House. Ballechin distillery operated between 1810 and 1927 and was one of seven original farm distilleries operating in Perthshire. Out of these seven, Edradour is the only one remaining.
Since 2002, Edradour have resurrected the Ballechin brand of whisky. Later in life the distillery was operated by the Robertson Family and supplied a large range of customers both locally and to wine merchants in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The distillery eventually closed due to the diversion of the water source (From Wikipedia).